Daily Noss Boat Tours 9.45am 12.45pm & 3.45pm
£50 Adults / £25 Under 16's
(Please note there are no 3.45pm tours on Mondays & Saturdays)
- The ultimate Shetland wildlife & photography boat experience on the No1. Noss Boat – unrivalled spectacle & photographic opportunities with the awesome, towering Noss cliffs backdrop.
- Highly experienced specialist wildlife skipper & guide.
- Very comfortable, wildlife watching boat, partial canopy cover if needed, room to all sit, stand, photograph & enjoy.
- Small groups - max 12 passengers per trip!
- Newly upholstered seats with backrests for every passenger as well as a large open decking area, perfect for wildlife photography. It is such a bonus safety & comfort feature to have cushioned seating for all whilst out on the open sea.
- Noss Boat Tour includes tour to the spectacular 'seabird city' of Noss National Nature Reserve & around Bressay to enjoy Shetland's rich natural environment, thousands of breeding seabirds, close seals encounters, scenic views & striking local geology. We are always on the look out for whales too, with increasing annual sightings of Orca in Shetland waters, we have often been in the right place at the right time to encounter these wonderful marine mammals. Let's hope we can shout "whale!" on your trip!
Daily Noss Boat Tours 9.45am 12.45pm & 3.45pm (departure approx 15 mins later)
April – October 2023
Original 'Early Bird' Noss Boat Photo Tours
05.30am Mondays & Saturdays
£50 Adults / £25 Under 16's
The first of its kind in Shetland, in 2016 we started offering special boat trips for those early risers, with our 'Early Bird' sunrise boat tours for that much sort after early morning light at the back of Noss! Come capture those golden hours, with the best light for photography at this location, just wonderful to see the birds & cliffs bathed in early Shetland light! We'll have you back in Lerwick with great memories & a camera full of images before breakfast & before most of the town has even stirred into life!!
5.30am Mon & Sat Only (departure approx 15 mins later).
Advanced booking essential. Minimum 4 persons per trip.
All Noss Boat tours include an exclusive 10% discount card for a hot drink or mug of soup at The Peerie Shop Cafe, Lerwick.
Every young passenger is given a FREE Noss Boat eco-activity pack!
Come & Join us for a real Gannet's Eye View & find out why we were judged Overall Winner of "Best Visitor Attraction Experience" at the coveted Highlands & Islands Tourism Awards in winter 2022.
© Brydon Thomason/Shetland Nature
Please note all trips are weather permitting - we will try and contact you via your contact number provided upon booking if we are likely to not run due to adverse weather & offer you an alternative time and or date for a boat trip with us.
Our boat is a perfect boat for navigating Shetland waters & is available for bespoke photography trips, commercial use, ecological surveys & other outdoor pursuits throughout the year, please contact us directly for more information and to discuss your requirements.
For enquiries please call Phil & Rebecca on: 07767872260
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Species and When to See
The list of species and simplified monthly guide below showing when these species are around in Shetland waters can be used as a good indicator of what you might encounter on a Shetland Seabird Tour trip on the Ayda Ruby!
|Cormorant (Muckle Skarf, Loren)||•||•||•||•||•||•|
|Red-throated Diver (Rain Gos,Loom)||•||•||•||•||•|
|Great Northern Diver (Immer Gos)||•||•||•||•||•||•||•||•|
|Long-tailed Duck (Calloo)||•||•||•||•||•||•||•|
|Common Guillemot (Longwi, Loom)||•||•||•||•||•||•||•||•||•|
|Razorbill (Sea Craa, Wylkie)||•||•||•||•||•||•||•||•||•|
|Black Guillemot (Tystie)||•||•||•||•||•||•||•||•||•||•||•||•|
|Puffin (Tammie Norie)||•||•||•||•||•|
|Great Skua (Bonxie)||•||•||•||•||•||•|
|Arctic Skua (Skootie Aalin)||•||•||•||•|
|Arctic Tern (Tirrick)||•||•||•||•||•|
|Common Gull Peerie Maa, Pikka Maa)||•||•||•||•||•||•||•||•||•||•||•||•|
|Kittiwake (Weeg, Rippack Maa)||•||•||•||•||•|
|Black-headed Gull (Hoodie Maa)||•||•||•||•||•||•||•||•||•||•||•||•|
|Herring Gull (Maa, Herring Maa)||•||•||•||•||•||•||•||•||•||•||•||•|
|Lesser-Black-backed Gull (Swaabi, Swartback)||•||•||•||•||•|
|Great-Black-backed Gull (Swaabie, Swartback)||•||•||•||•||•||•||•||•||•||•||•||•|
o = occasionally seen
We highly recommend 'Discover Shetland’s Birds', a photographic guide to Shetland's breeding, wintering and migrant birds by Paul Harvey & Rebecca Nason available from www.rebeccanason.com or through the Shetland Museum shop website www.shetlandheritageshop.com
Please note all trips are weather permitting, we will try and contact you via your contact number provided upon booking if we are likely to not run due to adverse weather & offering you an alternative time and or date for a boat trip with us. Please see our booking terms and conditions for more information.