Find out more about our DAILY BOAT TRIPS.
THE NOSS BOAT
WELCOME to Shetland's Only Naturalist Led Noss Boat Tour Company
• Join us for a real 'gannet's eye view' with the incredible sight of over 25,000 gannets & thousands of other stunning seabirds around the towering 180m cliffs of Noss NNR. Delight in the beautiful scenic views of Lerwick Harbour, Bressay Lighthouse, the Orkneyman's Cave, Giant's Leg & breathtaking geology around Noss & Bressay. Did somebody shout WHALES? Sightings of Orca are increasing in Shetland waters, they are not guaranteed, but what a bonus when they appear! Check out our gallery pages!
• Unique, spectacular diving gannet feeding frenzy our speciality. We provide the fish, we give you the time! We have recently worked with BBC Springwatch & WildShetland, our boat is used by photographers & film crews from around the world.
• Come and join us, we are #1 on TripAdvisor, have been awarded the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence Award in 2018 & 2019 & Nature Tourism Award Finalists 2017. We have also been awarded the TripAdvisor Traveller's Choice Award 2020.
Noss Boat - Ayda Ruby II
• Unique benefit of 14 fully upholstered, forward facing seats with backrests for the ultimate comfort at sea. Binoculars at hand for all passengers sponsored by Opticron. TOILET available below deck. A perfect boat for navigating Shetland waters.
• Our famous Noss Boat trips run from April - October every day (weather depending) from Victoria Pier Slipway, Lerwick Harbour, just opposite the Tourist Office. We run scheduled daily boat trips at 09.45am & 12.45pm (departure approx 15 mins later).
• We offer an additional late afternoon departure at 3.45pm on cruise ship days so that both independent holiday passengers & cruise ship passengers don't miss out on a chance to experience one of our scheduled Noss trips.
• Being the photographers boat of choice, we also run scheduled 'Early Bird' sunrise tours for the best of Shetland's early morning light at the cliffs of Noss. These tours depart on Mon, Wed & Sat at 05.45am.
Small Groups - World Class Experiences
Check Availability and Book Online
“We couldn't have chosen a better boat tour around Noss, thank you Phil. You were excellent at boat handling and gave us informative yet fun commentary on all the birds & sea mammals. We can't wait to come out with you again when we next visit Shetland. Loved the comfortable boat!”
“I didn't know you could get so close to the seabirds and seals, the kids and I got some photographs with our iPhones we were delighted with, the diving Gannets were incredible”
“I loved my trip with Shetland Seabird Tours from start to finish, Phil was a great guide. Orca's next to the boat were a lucky bonus and highlight of my Shetland holiday, an experience of a lifetime!”
“This trip was everything we hoped it would be and more, thank you. We can see why you are #1 on TripAdvisor! Highly recommend to anyone coming to Shetland, a first class wildlife boat trip”